Safe Pain Management:
- Unfortunately, we all experience pain at some point during our lives. It could be a stress induced headache, an injured ankle from playing sports or a strained back muscle from trying to lift something that we shouldn’t. But what’s the best type of pain management, and is it safe?
- Believe it or not, pain is the number one reason why someone seeks medical attention. There are a lot of good pain management medications on the market that will relieve your pain; however, they do not come without side effects. These side effects could put you at risk for increased bleeding, cardiovascular events or stomach ulcers. Or, they could cause constipation, dizziness or drowsiness. Many patients have to wrestle with the benefit of pain relief vs. the unwanted side effects of these medications. This can greatly reduce our quality of life, especially as we age.
- PharmaCare Compounding Pharmacy offers customized options for the treatment of pain. We can provide alternate methods of delivery that may reduce the number of side effects while still offering adequate pain relief. For example, instead of a capsule or tablet, pain medications can often be compounded into a topical gel, cream or spray that can be applied directly to the side of the pain and absorbed through the skin. We can also make a flavored troche that is dissolved under the tongue, a nasal spray or even a suppository when has great absorption. These dosage forms may be able to bypass the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, providing pain relief without causing stomach irritation.
- Patients come in many different ages and sizes. In addition, they have different symptoms, pain tolerance and have different tolerances when it comes to medications. Due to these variables it is often advantageous for a prescriber to authorize a compounding pharmacy to make a customized dosage to the exact amount the patient requires and to find a dosage form that best suites the patient’s needs for pain management.
- PharmaCare can compound medications for nearly all types of pain including:
- Muscle Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Basal Joint Arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Bone Spurs
Contact us to speak with a pharmacist about possible pain solutions:
To learn more about pain management: https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-pain-management-296604